Show Filters

Do all developments require a Commencement Notice?


Commencement Notices are required for:

  • The erection of a building;

  • A material alteration or extension of a building, or material change of use of a building;

  • Works in connection with the material alteration (excluding minor works) of a shop, office, or industrial building.

They are not required for:

  • Works or a change of use that is an exempted development under the Planning Acts, and for which a Fire Safety Certificate isn’t required;

  • When a 7-Day Notice has been submitted.