Show Filters

Once validated, can a Certificate of Compliance on Completion be rescinded?


There is no provision to rescind a statutory certificate. However, if on submission it is found that the signee unwittingly omitted or later discovered something that was incorrect, proper public administration could facilitate an amendment. This can only be made by CE order – i.e. a delegated person (Building Control Officer) for the purpose of the Building Control Acts 1990-2014.

An amendment/rescindment request should be made in writing and submitted to the Building Control Authority with reasons for the request. The BCA should record, assess, and prepare a report on the request, and the report should go for recommendation to the delegated person/officer.

Any amendment should be made by CE order with the amendment and reasoning attached to the Notice/Application/Certificate.

Air to water heat pump Air to air heat pump Air to ground heat pump IS 440 Time and temperature Zone control Tongue and groove Public liability Building energy rating Energy performance certificate Vapour control layer